The Independent Broadcasters of Ireland (IBI) represents the interests of Irish independent radio broadcasters to Government, Regulators, the wider Irish and European media and the Irish public. It is composed of national, regional, multicity and local radio stations.
An experienced candidate is sought for the position of Executive Director. Reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for the ongoing development of the organisation and will implement the strategies, policies and decisions of the Board.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A thorough understanding of the Irish broadcasting industry;
- Significant experience in dealing with Government departments, regulatory bodies and other industry groups;
- Excellent organisation and negotiation skills, highly motivated with the ability to work on one’s own initiative and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, to be able to work collaboratively and build consensus;
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Remote or hybrid work policy in place.
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV and cover letter in strict confidence to John Purcell at [email protected]