News and Sports Service For Radio
Applications are being sought for the provision of a news and sports service for independent local radio stations in Ireland.
The service would require the provision of both read and rip and read content for 18 local stations commencing in May 2010.
Further details are available from the IBI website on www.ibireland.ie or by contacting Fiona Stack, c/o Radio Kerry, Maine Street, Tralee, Co Kerry.
The closing date for receipt of proposals will be Thursday January 28th
Shortlisting of applications may then occur.
News and Sports Service Proposal
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal for consideration. In order to further consider your application we would ask that you provide the information outlined below.
The closing date for receipt of proposals is 5pm on Thursday January 28th 2010.
They should be forwarded to Fiona Stack, c/o Radio Kerry, Maine Street, Tralee, Co Kerry or email [email protected]
- Name and address of applicant
- Contact person
- Brief description of applicant company and outline of previous relevant experience
- Outline of service proposed – news and sport
- Breakdown of hours during which read services, and rip and read services will be provided.
- Number of staff, breakdown of roles and locations.
- Any additional services that could be provided eg entertainment news, business, sports commentary etc
- Delivery mechanism to stations
- Proposed cost of service for subscriber stations and method of payment ( fee and or ad mechanism)
- Full breakdown of costs of service
- Will you be in a position to provide stations with access to wire services such as PA and IRN
- Relationship with user stations. Would you envisage using content from these stations, and on what basis – joint arrangement as part of fee structure, or payment based on contributions.
- Proposed involvement of stations in editorial structure
- Provision or otherwise of libel insurance, equipment maintenance or other services.
- Any additional information